About University Five Year Law College
The University Five Year Law College, located in the prestigious University of Rajasthan in Jaipur, is renowned for its exceptional legal scholarship and excellence. With a strong dedication to the deep exploration of legal knowledge, this institution takes pride in its exceptional faculty and thriving academic environment.
The main emphasis of the institution lies in fostering a profound comprehension of the legal sphere. In students, critical thinking and legal acumen are instilled by the college’s distinguished faculty, comprised of erudite legal scholars and experienced practitioners.
About the Competition
The Ranka National Moot Court Competition is held at the prestigious University Five Year Law College in Jaipur. This event is a true testament to the visionary efforts of the Ranka Public Charitable Trust, which was founded in 1980 under the esteemed guidance of Late Dr. N.M. Ranka, a highly respected Senior Advocate, made a significant impact in the legal landscape of Rajasthan by pioneering the introduction of Moot Court Competitions to the forefront of legal practice.
Important Dates | Ranka National Moot Court Competition
Please take note of the following important dates.These dates are of utmost importance and should not be overlooked. The following dates hold significant value and must be remembered. Mark your calendars for the following important dates.
- The Moot Problem Oral Rounds will be released on October 7th, 2023.
- The registration will open From October 7th, 2023.
- The registration will be closed on November 20th, 2023.
- The final day to request clarifications is November 2nd, 2023.
- We are pleased to announce the release of a clarification on the 5th of November, 2023.
- The last date for submitting the memorial soft copy is November 30th, 2023.
- The final day for submitting hard copies of memorials is December 4, 2023.
- Oral Rounds to take place from the 9th to the 11th of December, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria | Ranka National Moot Court Competition
The following text provides the criteria for eligibility.
- Bona fide students pursuing Five Year Integrated and Three Year LLB courses are eligible to participate in the competition.
- Each team should consist of three members.
- Participation is strictly limited to teams of exactly 3 members, without exception. spite of the rules dictating a minimum of 3 members per team.
- After taking into account the exceptional circumstances and carefully considering the opinions of the members on their merits. The final decision in this matter shall be made by the Competition Organisation Committee.
- The team will assign two of its members as speakers, while another member who hasn’t been chosen as a speaker will be designated as a researcher. During the registration process, the team should identify the speakers and the researcher within its members.
- Teams are required to identify the speakers and researcher when registering. Speaking privileges will be exclusively granted to participants who have been duly registered as Oralists.
- Extra members or observers shall not be permitted.
- Designations of the members are strictly non-transferable.
- Registration and participation in the competition will be limited to one team per College/Institution/University.
- Once a team is registered, changing the composition of the team in any way will not be allowed. Changes can only be made with the explicit permission of the Competition Organisation Committee, provided that a valid reason is presented.
- Only arguments in English will be accepted.
- The team code will be allocated to each team through a lottery draw, which will be followed by the exchange of memorials.
Misellaneous | Ranka National Moot Court Competition
Misellaneous is the term used to categorize items that do not fit into any specific category. It is a catch-all phrase for things that cannot be easily classified or grouped with similar items. These miscellaneous items may vary widely in nature, ranging from random objects to diverse ideas or topics. The purpose of using the label “miscellaneous” is to acknowledge that these things are somewhat disconnected and do not have a clear commonality. In a way, it is a way of grouping together various odds and ends that don’t have a more specific designation.
- During the competition, any team, its members, and anyone affiliated with the team are strictly prohibited from observing or participating in court hearings for teams not involved in the contest. Failure to comply with this rule could result in severe consequences for the team, potentially leading to their disqualification from the competition.
- The organizers of the moot court competition hold the authority to disqualify any team involved in any unfair practices.
Registration Process | Ranka National Moot Court Competition
We are pleased to inform you that registration for our upcoming event is now open. Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of this exciting experience! . To secure your spot, please complete the registration form provided on our website. Kindly fill in all the required fields with accurate information to ensure a seamless registration process.
The event promises to be an enriching occasion, filled with insightful discussions, interactive workshops, and valuable networking opportunities. We have curated a lineup of esteemed guest speakers who will be sharing their expertise and knowledge. Additionally, there will be hands-on sessions where you can actively engage and enhance your skills.Furthermore, we have prepared exclusive offers and discounts for early bird registrations.
By securing your spot now, you not only guarantee your attendance but also avail of these special benefits.Please note that registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, as we have limited seats available. We encourage you to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact our registration team. We are here to assist you every step of the way.
- Registration for this edition of the competition allows only one team per institute to participate. Teams who are interested in participating in the Competition need to complete a registration form in order to sign up.
- When completing the Registration Form, teams are required to select a primary contact person. The Competition’s communications will be sent exclusively via email to the designated contact person. Responsibility for conveying all the information to the team lies with the nominated contact person.
- All teams must submit a payment of INR 5500/- before October 30, 2023 (11:59 PM). In order to register, you need to write (IST).
- Please make the payment for the competition fee to the bank account/UPI/QR Code provided below. Once the fee has been paid, it is imperative for the candidate/team to make sure that they take a screenshot. The purpose of using the screenshot is for verification. In order to confirm their participation, all the institutions taking part must attach a screenshot of the payment receipt in the provided google form.
Awards | Ranka National Moot Court Competition
Awards are a form of recognition and honor bestowed upon individuals or entities for their outstanding achievements or contributions in a particular field or endeavor. They serve as a way to acknowledge excellence and talent, and to inspire others to strive for success.
Awards can take various forms, such as trophies, certificates, medals, or plaques, and may be awarded through competitions, ceremonies, or nominations. They hold great significance and are often seen as symbols of hard work, dedication, and accomplishment.
Receiving an award is a testament to one’s abilities and serves as validation for their efforts and achievements. It not only boosts morale and self-confidence but also brings prestige and recognition within a community or industry.
Awards can have a ripple effect, inspiring others to pursue their passions, set goals, and reach for the highest standards of performance. They act as a catalyst for growth and encourage individuals to continually push their limits and strive for excellence.
- The winning team will be honored with the prestigious Winning Team Award, which includes a magnificent trophy, a certificate of excellence, and a substantial cash prize of 15,000/-.
- The recipient of the Runners-Up Award will receive a trophy, certificate of excellence, and a cash prize of 11,000/-.
- The student who demonstrates exceptional advocacy skills as the Best Student Advocate (Appellant) will be awarded a trophy along with a cash prize of 4000/-.
- A trophy and a cash prize of 4000/- awaits the outstanding student advocate, crowned as the Best Student Advocate (Respondent). The winner of this prize will be determined based on the points earned in the preliminary round.
- The trophy and cash prize of 4000/- will be awarded to the Best Student Researcher. The recipient of this award will be determined based on their performance in the Researcher test.
- The recipient of the Best Memorial award will be honored with a prestigious trophy along with a generous cash prize of 6000/-.
- All participants will receive a certificate for their participation.
All official communication regarding the 11th UFYLC Ranka National Moot Court Competition, 2023 shall be made through mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Email Id: email@example.com
- Convenor: Ms. Moxita Verma. Mob. 8824153098
- Co-Convenors: Mr. Apoorv Sharma. Mob. 9413758157
- Brochure of the Competition